Saturday, February 9, 2013

First Steps

I've been delving more into the nuts and bolts of running an organization:

1) Logistics: I set up a bank account for the Give for Good Foundation (I even have an official GFGF debit card!) and started a PayPal donation button on the foundation website. Now I can receive monetary donations and use these funds to finance service projects, supplies, and so on.

2) Service: I talked to the director of an orphanage for the deaf and dumb in Shirdi, India about the needs of the institution. He did mention that their current project is building a new dormitory for the children, the estimated cost of which is $20,000.

3) Getting Things in Order: I spoke to a tax CPA about the tax and legal implications of the foundation and to a Covidien-EV3 executive about the possibility of travel fund reallocation. I've also worked on brainstorming elements of my forthcoming business plan, specifically in formulating a clear-cut plan of operations.

Until next time,
~Priya

No comments:

Post a Comment